Losing weight oftentimes is much of a mental battle rather than a physical one. If you are wondering how to lose 50 pounds fast, worry not, because the goal is not impossible.
If you are planning to lose 50 pounds or more in a month, then take out some time and think about how you will be achieving your goal. Question yourself by asking, why do you want to lose weight? Or what body part makes you insecure, etc.
This way, you may find out the motivation that will keep you going. The moment you know what motivates you, hold on to that reason and remind yourself about it over and over again when you feel demotivated or exhausted.
Attempting to shed some pounds from getting out of your comfort zone and losing weight is a tough aim and to make it achievable you have to dedicate enough effort and time to it. You also need to have an eating plan that suits your lifestyle so that you can maintain your desired weight for which you worked hard.
To keep yourself healthy and fit along with your diet, you have to add regular exercise and make small changes to your diet and lifestyle, this will help you get started to lose 50 pounds.
Later in the article, we will discuss 3 easy methods from which you will find out how to lose 50 pounds fast and maintain it.
Before we start with the action, let us state the fact that losing 50 pounds is not easy for everyone. If you are thinking that this article will give you a magic spell to lose your weight and you will be fit and toned the next morning, then you must close the tab. However, if you have a long-term plan and you wish to work towards your goal, let us assist you.
Moreover, the answer to how to lose 50 pounds fast depends on your individual self and how your body works. It is why we have mentioned three methods. If one doesn’t work for you, then you can try another one.
Steps to Know How to Lose 50 Pounds Fast
Method #1: Change Your Diet
Step #1: Consult a Registered Dietitian
Talk to a registered dietitian to help you in choosing the perfect diet plan that will help you reach your aim fast and which is effective and safe in the long run as well.
- Licensed or registered dietitians are nutrition and weight loss experts. They will design a meal and diet plan examining your health and analyzing your history that will work beneficially to lose weight.
- In addition to that, a dietitian will keep a check on your health as he/she can be a great source of accountability for your diet plan when you’re following a long-term diet. Moreover, if you get stuck in losing weight or the diet doesn’t work out for you, then your dietitian will help you through.
- To have a dietitian locally, ask your primary doctor for a recommendation or you can search over the internet to find a dietitian who specializes in weight loss.
Step #2: Create a Food Journal
Studies have revealed the importance of maintaining a food journal when you aim to follow a long-term diet plan no matter for weight loss or weight management. Start writing a journal to keep a track of your everyday meal that will help you to remain accountable if something’s not working for your weight loss goals.
- Start maintaining a food journal beforehand to change anything in your diet. This will help you record what foods are helping you in your goal and what food you should stop. Take notes if you notice changes in your body when you have changed something in your diet whether positively or not. Keep reviewing your diet plans and routine to have effective long-term effects.
- From the very beginning of your diet, track snacks, meals, and beverages you consume in a day. Review journals often to know if you are in the right direction.
Step #3: Aim to Shed 500 Cal. in a Day
Losing weight demands you to cut out the calories from your diet.
- To lose one or two pounds per week, most health experts recommend cutting down the caloric intake up to 500 cal from your current diet every day.
- If you also plan to add exercise to your daily routine for 60 minutes or more, you can cut up to 300-400 cal from your food and let the exercise take over the rest to have an equal amount of change.
- Make sure that when you are cutting down your calories, the remaining calorie count for a day must be equal to 1200 cal. You should have 1200 calories a day no matter if you are aiming to lose more pounds. To eat less than 1200 cal. is not advised by diet experts as this approach may increase the risk of nutrient and mineral deficiencies, loss of muscle mass, and slowing down your weight loss process.
Step #4: Add enough Protein to Your Diet
When you aim to lose weight fast and cut your calorie intake daily, you have to have enough protein each day. To have a successful weight loss routine, protein plays an important part in the process as an essential nutrient that speeds up the process.
- Oftentimes, when it happens that you cut calories to lose weight you also increase your physical activity, you may feel more famished during the day. If you eat enough protein, it can help you minimize hunger pangs that bother you throughout the day.
- Moreover, protein is the essential nutrient that helps you to fuel your weight loss process. Plus, it will make you satisfied for a longer period and improve your metabolism to convert those nutrients into energy fast.
- To satiate your protein intake, you should add one or two snacks of rich protein content daily to every meal. It should be about three to four ounces of protein in each serving.
- Protein can be taken in large numbers from lean meat. Leaner proteins contain less amount of calories and fat that can help you to limit your fat and calorie intake. You can have lean protein from foods like lean beef, seafood, eggs, pork, tofu, and legumes.
Step #5: Eat more Fruits and Vegetables in every Meal
On following a strict diet to lose weight, fruits and vegetables are important food groups that you must add to your daily meals. Aim to have any of them or both in all of your meals.
- Vegetables and fruits are a great source of fiber and protein that help you in your weight loss process because their calorie content is significantly low. They provide the majority of substances in your meal that help you satiate for a longer period.
- These vegetables and fruit groups are nutria-dense as well. They provide higher amounts of minerals and proteins which are essential for your overall health.
- Add the vegetables and fruits in the portions of your meals, like one cup of vegetables, 2 cup salad-greens, and a half cup of your favorite fruits.
Step #6: Add Whole Grain Foods to your Meals
Additions of whole grains in your regular servings will also help you in losing weight.
- Nutria-rich foods like whole grains help you to lose weight in a fairly quick way because of the fiber content. These fibers keep you fuller for a longer period and strengthen your metabolism.
- You should know which kind of whole grains will work for you for a healthier diet. Whole grains like white rice, white bread, and other baked products made with white flour are not a good source of fiber and nutrients. Foods made from these products should be avoided as they are assumed to be providing empty calories.
- The recommended size of whole grains per serving is 1 or ½ cup in total.
- Even if you are not following a weight loss diet, low-carb diets like Keto can help you in weight loss in much easier and quicker ways. If you like eating carbs like pasta, bread, or rice – eliminating these foods from your lifestyle would not be a practical lifestyle change for you.
Method #2: Including Exercise in your Routine
Step #1: Choose the exercises that show results on your body
If you are suffering from joint pain and have excess weight then your body can sustain yourself, you will be able to do very few exercises according to your body’s capacity.
- To lose weight fast, do exercise for about 15-30 minutes If your body gets exhausted easily then you must exercise for 5 days a week keeping your caloric intake low for an equal balance.
- To lose weight faster, try doing cardio sessions at least for 45 minutes 5-6 times weekly.
- Low-impact exercises also work great in weight loss routines. These exercises include water aerobics, swimming, elliptical training, walking, and cycling. If you feel pain in your joints while walking or cycling due to the excess weight, go for the water workout until you lose 20 pounds from your body.
- In case you don’t suffer from joint issues, then performing high-impact exercises will speed up your weight loss process. These exercises include boot camps, high-impact running, and jumping will eventually make it easier to achieve your goals in a more precise way.
Step #2: Do Strength Training
Strength training exercises like weight lifting for 30 minutes two to three times weekly can boost up your weight loss process and maintain it for a longer time.
- Weight lifting exercises do not burn your fat as quickly as the cardio sessions would. But strength training does help you in decreasing the chances of osteoporosis and in increasing lean muscle mass.
- When you build lean muscle mass. Your body will be able to burn fats even on rest. It improves your metabolism and eventually it will be much easier for your body to maintain a healthy weight.
- If you are not into using weights efficiently or you are using weights for the first time, sign up for an online training class to get the basic knowledge of weight lifting exercises or to use the weight machine correctly.
- Start your strength training from free weights up to two to five pounds and gradually start increasing them at least after a month for steady results
Step #3: Mix and Match Exercises
After doing cardio sessions and strength training, you should try some new exercise every month to keep the motivation intact. With this, your interest in physical activity will be increased and also it will prevent you from getting tired easily from everyday exercise.
- Try something new if you are getting bored with the same exercise, this may be because you have mastered the exercise and it has become easy for you. Try group exercise, take part in push-ups and other competitions, and try outdoors and even switch the time of your exercise.
- A non-traditional form of exercise can also help in getting back your interest like playing sports, going hiking, or kayaking.
Method #3: Stay Motivated for Long-Term Goals
Step #1: Focus on Changing Lifestyle rather than just altering a Diet
A diet typically refers to a much shorter program with short-term goals. Losing a large number in weight, however, is a long-term process and takes quite a fair time because it brings long-term results.
- You should keep your focus on changing the way you live, rather than just altering your diet. You have to change your lifestyle when you want long-term weight loss
- If the changes you have made to keep up with your weight loss aims do not work for you then try something else, unless you come to the plan that suits best for you and your plan.
Step #2: Track your Progress
When you follow a weight-loss routine, watching yourself progress each day can be extremely motivating.
- Weigh yourself every week. Noticing your decreasing weight is not only exciting but psychologists say that it helps people in losing more weight over time. People who weigh regularly are more motivated than people who do not weigh at all.
- Keep a timeline of your weight loss progressions over time be it a journal or calendar. If you notice that you are either not losing weight or the weight you lost is coming back, revisit your routine, diet, and exercise durations and make necessary changes.
Step #3: Reward Yourself
Losing 50 pounds in just a month is more than enough to ask from your body as it takes time to lose weight to maintain it for a longer time. To keep yourself motivated over the period when you are following your goal, set up small and some large rewards when you reach your milestone.
- Consider a particular time when you reward yourself. Like maybe you decide on a small treat for yourself when you shed your first 10 pounds, but a larger reward should be planned when you lose 35
- When you reward yourself, do not choose a food item, or do not plan to go out for lunch or dinner or celebrate with an extra glass of wine. Chances are that they go against your progress.
- Besides, reward yourself with things that will add up the motivation to continue the progress like get new sneakers, an exercise outfit, spice up your workout playlist with some new songs, or get a new pair of jeans.
Step #4: Consider other weight reducing methods
On following a weight loss routine for several months – by altering your diet, exercising, and even doing everything it demands you may not see the changes you want to see after a month. This may take your inspiration away and it becomes nearly impossible to remain motivated for the long term. For this, consider some other ways to lose weight.
- A diet to follow for a longer period and weight for the results can be difficult. Plus, it can frustrate you if you are not losing weight the way you should be, especially when you aim to lose large quantities of weight.
- Talk to your dietitian or consider speaking to a weight loss expert. Chances are that they will replace your meal plans and suggest medications that will help you in losing weight fast.
- If you are obese, you must consider talking about the surgical interventions from your doctor. But it is only recommended when you have struggled and your health is not staying put with you.
Are 50 pounds too much to ask for?
50 pounds should be the aim of your weight loss regime. If someone is obese or overweight, speak to the doctor before starting any diet.
Is it true that fasting or skipping meals will help in weight loss?
The diets that suggest skipping a meal or fasting for 16-18 hours are for some specific reasons and to achieve more comprehensive results. If you want to lose weight fast, then it is recommended to eat after every 2-3 hours to prevent yourself from snacking.